Today I spent some time chatting with one of my web design clients Christine March. Christine contacted me to help answer a question that she was having with her business Facebook account, then decide to hire me to redesign her blog into a website for her Wedding Planning business in Toronto, Canada.
I wanted to speak with Christine and share the conversation because I know that she pursued her certificate in Wedding Planning after a few prior career iterations. I think this is very compelling, as we know the path continues to squiggle and Christine was brave to not only embrace a new career, but to simultaneously open her own business. You will also learn that sticking up a few photos of nice bouquets on Pinterst doesn’t make a wedding planner tech savvy. This woman is embracing technology and social media platforms!
- How Christine used Twitter to land an interview on the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation
- How wedding planners are incorporating social media into their business plans
- When to back off from social media
- The pros and cons of technology platforms when working with a bride and groom
- Why she loves her wedding planning blog
Christine has just finished the book Ctrl Alt Delete by Mitch Joel so of course we chat about the book and what she found to be true about the need to embrace technology in order to stay current in any career. I hope you enjoy the time spent with Christine as much as I did!