The SWAG just keep coming…
DAY 2 (Friday)
▪ The Costumes Designers Guild Local 892 will have members roaming the convention on Friday, looking to award exclusive gift bags and autographed souvenirs to con attendees in the best costumes – follow them on Twitter at @Local892 for specific times and locations. They’ll also be giving away tickets to their exclusive invitation-only industry party to a few lucky followers!
▪ 9:00am-10:00am – Hasbro at booth #3329 will be giving away a KRE-O special edition poster! (While supplies last)
▪ 10:00am-6:00pm – Fandango will be opening “The Fandango Experience” in the Gaslamp Quarter at 226 5th Ave., which promises all sorts of prize giveaways,
▪ 10:00am-7:00pm – One of the hottest swag items at the con isn’t found on the floor… but instead directly behind the convention center! UbiSoft will be promoting Assassin’s Creed IV… with a real, full-size pirate ship! Fans who visit the ship – which will only be open on Friday and Saturday – will be able to receive inflatable cutlass swords, Assassin’s Creed art booklets from Titan, prizes and more! As an added incentive, artist Todd McFarlane will be signing a limited-edition Assassin’s Creed poster giveaway from 4pm-7pm on Friday!
▪ 10:00am – 8:00pm – FOX and Samsung will have a “Super-Charging Lounge” as part of the PETCO Park Interactive Zone, promoting the upcoming show Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey – and if you stop by, they’ll be giving away free t-shirts and hats!
▪ 10:00am (Hall H) – Planning on catching the panel for The World’s End in Hall H? You’ll be starting your swag hunting morning off right, as attendees in this panel will be bringing home this limited-edition SDCC exclusive poster:
▪ 10:00am (Room 28DE) – Folks attending the Edgar Rice Burroughs: Tarzan, Carson of Venus, and the Next 100 Years of Adventure panel will all be eligible to enter a drawing to win signed original art at the panel’s conclusion.
▪ 10:30am – The Mattel (#3029) will be holding a raffle and giving away free products from their new “Batman Classic TV Series” line!
▪ 10:30am – 11:30am – Hasbro (#3329) will be giving away My Little Pony posters! (While supplies last)
▪ 10:30am (Room 6A) –Attendees of the Defiance panel, make sure to have your smart phone on; during the panel, you’ll receive a panel-specific hashtag – go on Twitter and tweet using that hashtag during the panel, and attendees tweeting in the room may be randomly chosen to win signed t-shirts and DVDs!
▪ 11:15am (Room 6DE) – Take a crack at scoring some exclusive prizes from DC Entertainment if you can win the trivia competitions at the DC Entertainment Presents: DC Comics Too Tough Trivia panel!
▪ 11:45am (Room 6A) – If you’re attending the Helix panel, make sure to have your smart phone on; during the panel, you’ll receive a panel-specific hashtag – go on Twitter and tweet using that hashtag during the panel, and attendees tweeting in the room may be randomly chosen to win signed t-shirts and DVDs!
▪ 12:00pm (Room 9) – Aspen Comics is always good about providing a bunch of free comics to attendees are promised a “free gift” to everyone at their Ten Years of Aspen Comics panel.
▪ 12:15pm (Hall H): – A SDCC-exclusive new Riddick poster may be given to attendees at the Universal Pictures panel in Hall H this year; according to actor Vin Diesel.
▪ 12:15pm (Hall H) – Also, some Kick-Ass 2 swag is a definite possibility at the Universal Pictures panel in Hall H … and we’re pretty sure it’ll be either a poster, a t-shirt, or possibly one of the cool silicone sport watches that they created for the Kick-Ass 2 giveaway over at WeAreJusticeForever.com.
▪ 12:30pm (Room 8) – Duane Swierczynski’s spotlight panel has promised “special prizes” to attendees – but that’s all the info we’ve got so far…
▪ 12:45pm – Nickelodeon (#4113) has the cast of The Legend of Korra… and if you participate, not only will you get some cool autographs, but you’ll also be walking away with this AWESOME limited-edition poster:
▪ 1:00pm (Room 25ABC) – Arcana’s SteamPunk Originals: All About SteamPunk! panel has also promises giveaways!
▪ 2:00pm (Room 9) – Head down to the Cyborg 009 and the Legacy of Shotaro Ishinomori panel and you’ll walk away with a free preview issue of Cyborg 009: Chapter 000!
▪ 3:00pm (Room 25ABC) – Mattel and DC Entertainment will be hosting the joint panel Mattel and DC Comics – A Celebration for Collectors of All Ages! and they’ve promised an exciting toy giveaway for everyone who attends!
▪ 3:00pm (Room 32AB) – Attendees at the Character of Music panel have been promised fun giveaways.
▪ 3:30pm – Digital publisher GoComics will have a street team roaming San Diego and handing out oodles of free comics, t-shirts, and a bunch of other goodies for ONE HOUR (or until they run out of stuff!) starting at this time. The location where this mystery street team will be giving away stuff is a secret they will reveal only to their Twitter followers approximately 15 minutes before the event, so you’ll want to make sure you’re following them at @GoComics!
▪ 4:00pm – PETCO will be hosting a special “Yappy Hour” celebration in honor of their upcoming line of Star Wars pet toys and apparel over at the Hotel Indigo, 509 9th Ave. in the Gaslamp Quarter. Partygoers are welcome to bring their pets for a photo op, a free caricature, a chance to win items from the new “Star Wars Pet Fans” collection, and attendees in costume even get a complimentary “Wookie Juice” cocktail!
▪ 4:00pm – eigoMANGA (#5532) will giving away anime and manga prizes.
▪ 5:00pm – 6:00pm – Hasbro (#3329) will be giving away NERF ZOMBIE STRIKE Special Edition Promo Dart Packs! (While supplies last)
▪ 5:45pm (Room 5AB) – The Science Channel: Outrageous Acts of Science panel promises to give away “autographed prizes and exclusive giveaways” in a “way unlike any other panel at Comic-Con
▪ 6:00pm-10:00pm – Disney Interactive has confirmed that they will have a presence in the Gaslamp Quarter promoting their upcoming video game Disney Infinity (located at 343 4th Ave.). They will have some sort of “giveaways”.
▪ 6:00pm (Room 6A) – Attendees at the All Hail Vikings panel, celebrating the upcoming second season of The History Channel’s scripted series Vikings, will receive a free copy of the first-ever Vikings comic book:
▪ 6:30pm (Hall H) – Metallica has announced that they will be playing a top-secret show in San Diego following their appearance at Comic-Con… and they’re going to give con attendees at this Hall H panel a shot at free tickets to the show! Word is that they’ll be awarding 500 tickets here; considering that the hall holds 6,500 people, we’re not sure how that’s going to go down, but if you’re lucky enough to score a ticket, it sounds like it could be some of the best swag at the con!
▪ 6:30pm (Room 26AB) – Con attendees at the Arcana Comics: HeadSmash’ing into Comics, Film and More panel will be excited, as they’ll be going home with both free comics AND free posters from legendary artist Tim Bradstreet!
▪ 7:00pm-10:00pm – Engadget+gdgt Live will be hosting a special event at Stingaree – 454 6th Ave. – where they’ll be showing off tons of new tech goodies. They’ve promised a bunch of awesome swag giveaways and contests, and while they haven’t gotten into specifics yet, considering that the party has a number of great tech sponsors – including Outlook, Nokia, Logitech, Western Digital, iRobot and more – there’s a very good chance that you might be able to score some primo swag here. It’s worth noting, Engadget specifically mentioned that it’s very important to read the flyer that they’ll be handing out at the door to attendees, as it contains a lot of the information you’ll need to know to enter the contests and score swag – so don’t miss it!
▪ 7:00pm (Room 4) – Join legendary movie poster artist Drew Struzan in his spotlight panel, and not only will you receive free movie tickets for the upcoming documentary Drew: The Man Behind the Poster about his life, but there will also be poster giveaways. Known for creating the classic movie posters for the Star Wars, Indiana Jones and Back to the Future trilogies.
▪ 7:00pm (Room 9) – Go find out What’s Up With Penguin? and you’ll be walking away with free advance reading copies from Penguin Publishing!
▪ 7:30pm (Ballroom 20) – If you’re planning on seeing the World Premiere of Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox, you might just enjoy the film even more if you’re lucky, as a few con-goers in attendance who stick around for the panel after the screening will be going home with special autographed prizes!