I have friends and family ask me quite often how I am able to find such great bargains on stuff I buy online. Well folks, I am going to spill some secrets here on how I have saved money on coveted items from stores like Anthropologie, Coach, BHLDN, Pottery Barn, etc.
- If you like a store, sign up to get on their email list/[Like] their page on Facebook – many retailers offer exclusive discounts to their email newsletter subscribers.
- Coupon codes- check out sites like Ebates, RetailMeNot, Tjoos, and Upromise for coupon codes for the store that you want to make a purchase at.
- Cash Back Sites- Upromise and Ebates, for example, give you a percentage of your purchase back in the form of cash!
- Sign up for Flash Sales- There are sites like Coach, Fab, Rue La La, Sax, MyHabit, and Luxeyard, that send you an email to invite you to exclusive sales on luxury brand name items that are available in limited quantities for a limited amount of time.
- Amazon/Ebay- I check Amazon and Ebay for stuff I am looking for as you can often find brand new items available at a fraction of the retail price.
All else fails, I just do a query on Google by typing in what I’m looking for and add the word sale, promo or coupon.
Tip: due to the quantity of sale alert emails that you may receive, you might want to create a new email address to use exclusively for subscribing to newsletters and flash sales.
I hope the tips help you save some money while shopping online.