Photo Credit : FamilyMWR
Everyone comes to a point in their lives, when you have to make an important decision. It can be big or small but the end result will have a lasting impact.
Now that I am 44 years of age, I definitely had to cross that bridge. It had to do more with taking a holistic approach to living my life.
Here’s a what I do today.
- Eat healthier – organics, all natural and whole grains. Lots of water.
- Exercise Daily – walking, fitness DVD
- Relax – Sit in silence, meditate
- Cash Only – no more credit cards; save up for big purchases. Exceptions are cars, homes
- Spend Less – Live simply, frugally (wisdom). Escaped from consumerism & materialism (difficult)
- Invest/Protection – Get proper insurance when we can afford it and invest the rest.
- Give People the benefit of the doubt (very difficult in practice)
- Be Charitable, generous and kind; especially to those less fortunate (not pity)
- Get involved in the community (after raising kids)
- Be excellent, professional and customer service oriented
- Make decisions based on your values, standards and beliefs
- See People
- Know God – learn and study our Faith.
- Love God – be thankful, pray and meditate
- Serve God – Be committed to our vocation as a married couple; raising our children. (changes after empty nest stage)
That’s pretty much my life strategy. It was a long, slippery and hard bridge to cross, but I managed. Every time I fell, I dusted myself and tried again. BTW, I still fall, I’m clumsy.
Please note, the above is practiced or lived out with my wife and 7 children.