It’s been awhile since I’ve posted anything. Well I take it back, I’ve re-posted work, videos and images from around the web. I’m not sure why I haven’t written a post. Maybe I’m burnt out? Holy smokes, even as I type now, I can’t find a solid thought to express. This is difficult and I have had a few cups of coffee. Perhaps there’s a struggle within me that I have yet to recognize?
As 2012 approaches the end, my time to reflect on the year begins.
Lots of changes, so lets start there…
On the business level
- Broke off partnerships and added 2 key partners
- Launched a dozen or more business projects; ending up with 2
- Started off with managed web hosting, email, security and Computers; ending with an Internet agency and a new web hosting company
- Established a local network of professionals
- Decreased social media and online marketing; instead made more face to face appointments
On the personal level
- Had an incredible spiritual experience during Lent
- Started with juice fasting and ended up a Vegan
- Working with siblings to over come family challenges
- The loss of our Baby 8; accepting Baby 8 is awaiting us in the afterlife
- Managing a balance between family time and non-family time
- Learning to relate to my teenagers
I’m sure I have left out more, but that’s what sticks out in my mind. The over all goal that we are trying to do (my wife and I) is live a holy and simple life. We say holy because we are Catholic laity and agree that our life in the World is a vocation and we need to do good in our community. We like simple because we believe there is more to life than our careers, material things, social functions and our ego. Having or consuming too much can get in the way of a good life.
What about you? What have you been up to? Please share in the comments below.
Image Credit: Pixabay