As Dan Cooney said last week the concept of secretary is very outdated, but when Yvonne Herbst graduated from the University of Maryland with a degree in Journalism, that was exactly the position she landed. Through hard work and a vision that spanned beyond her IBM Selectric Yvonne squiggled through various positions. There were points when she felt under employed and conversely pushed up against the glass ceiling and eventually her entrepreneurial spirit motivated her to open her own Yoga Studio.
As a new business owner in need of clients Yvonne rolled up her sleeves and began looking for ways to fill her classes, so she embarked upon the project of building a website. This is where she intersected with Don Campbell and the SmallBiz theme for WordPress. Yvonne built her website and it didn’t take long before she began getting new students. As much as she loved yoga, she recognized that she was good at web design and really loved the flexibility that working on the internet offered.
Today Yvonne is the owner of Herbst Marketing Services and has helped multiple business owners improve their online presence and grow their businesses.
In this episode of My Squiggly Path, Yvonne shares:
- Her career path
- How the help of Don Campbell & the SmallBiz theme impacted her career
- Current options in mobile marketing
- How she started a local business directory in her town, Warrenton Favorites
- How blogging has helped her find new clients (she shares the success of her blog Post How Beauty Salons Can Increase Sales and Profits with Mobile Marketing
- What’s new in mobile marketing, platforms and best practices
I really enjoyed my conversation with Yvonne and I am sure you will also! See more about Yvonne Herbst in her LinkedIn profile.